1. Why is it important to use an assessment tool?
- Dramatically reduce the human bias in the hiring process.
- Reduce the risk of making a costly bad hiring decision.
- Accelerate the onboarding process and have the ability to create effective ongoing and development plans specific to each team member.
- Enhance self-awareness and team member communication.
- Identify ideal interview questions.
2. Are the assessments validated and legal for use in the hiring process?
The assessment instruments used by The Rainmaker Group have been independently verified for both face and construct validity by several third party statisticians. When the EEOC compliant tools we provide are used with an EEOC compliant process and account for no more than 20% of the hiring decision, they are legal for use in the hiring process.
3. How does the assessment process work?
Participants are provided a link and unique password via email to access the assessment online. Most complete the assessment within 45-60 minutes. Once the assessment is completed, the results are received nearly immediately. The report will be shared by email and an appointment will be scheduled for a debrief of the results with a Rainmaker Consultant.
4. Will someone from The Rainmaker Group assist me in interpreting and leveraging the information from the assessment?
A certified consultant will provide a thorough debrief with a detailed explanation of the assessment results and provide actionable recommendations.
5. How does the assessment accurately determine job performance?
Our proprietary Job Benchmarking process identifies the critical objectives that are required to ensure high performance for a given position. The candidate’s assessment results are then compared to the Job Benchmark.
6. Who gets the most benefit from an assessment tool?
- Management that uses assessments to its greatest capacity – employee selection, onboarding, coaching/development, succession planning and team building.
- Managers who are committed to solving talent management problems and developing solid coaching plans.
- Managers that utilize a structured hiring and interview process.
- Managers who are passionate about building teams that work together effectively.
7. Does The Rainmaker Group offer certification for your internal use of the personality assessments?
We offer varying levels of assessment certification for your internal talent management professionals which is beneficial for employee selection as well as ongoing coaching and development.
8. When should the assessment be used in the hiring process?
The assessment should be used as early as possible during the hiring process. There is a potential to pass over good candidates due to human bias that can be reduced by using the assessment to objectively view a candidate. Also, there is no value in applying the time and energy in interviewing candidates who do not fit the job.
9. How much is the investment for an assessment?
Since there are varying levels of assessments and reports, your investment starts at around $90 per assessment, but is dependent upon the needs and vision of your organization. Further discussion with one of our consultants is required to help us better understand the needs and vision of your organization and what level of assessment/reporting would be recommended.
10. Why should I choose The Rainmaker Group as my assessment provider?
- The Rainmaker Group has a decade of knowledge, working with both large and small organizations, in application and interpretation of the assessments.
- Most assessments only measure behavioral style. The Rainmaker Group's most comprehensive assessment, TriMetrix® HD, identifies behavior style as well as values/motivators, attributes, and acumen.
- The interpretation of assessment results with a Certified Consultant is included in the investment for each assessment. See question #4.
- Validated for use in all industries and organizations – including those that serve the Federal Government (OFCCP).
- Our system can be integrated with your HRIS through Taleo.
- An assessment taken for hiring purposes can later be converted from a Hiring Report to a Coaching Report without the team member having to retake the assessment to reduce upfront investment.